Another look across Union Bay from a site “somewhat” close to the one above – perhaps very close for both seem to suggest the architure of, perhaps, an entrance to the log canal at this the east end. The town of Yesler – with Henry Yesler’s last mill – can be glimpsed on the far shore. The mill site is now taken by the U.W.’s school of horticulture. Yesler was able to open a mill here after the Seattle Lake Shore and Eastern reach the site with a spur in 1887-88. Henry’s last mill on his wharf at the foot of Mill Street (Yesler Way) burned down also in 1887. He did not rebuilt it there. The railroad surely took some of the activity – moving lumber – of the log canal.