Both views look down on the parking lot for waiting motorists at the north side of Colman Dock near the waterfront foot of Marion Street. Dedicated in 1965, the contemporary ferry terminal is wider than the 1908 structure shown in the “then” view. The parking lot was also pushed north and is considerably wider than the eight lanes available in the 1930s. (Historical photo courtesy of Waterfront Awareness.)

Leave a Reply