Like the pan above it this one was photographed on Oct. 30, 1908. Both were commissioned by Lewis and Wiley Inc, the contractors for the regrade. This view looks south from near Jackson and 7th, and so through the site once held by Holy Names Academy on 7th between Jackson and King. Note the Beacon Hill horizon. The New Central Hotel shows on the far right. It was the prospect for the first pan, the one shown above this. Note also that tidewater still reaches a shoreline at the foot of Beacon Hill.