THEN: At 5th and Westlake, Seattle’s last of three Orpheum Theatres opened in 1927 and served up vaudeville, concerts and movies from its corner for 40 years. It has been observed that had the theatre made it for a half-century, the local forces of preservation would have never allowed its destruction. And the difficulties encountered wrecking it, suggested that this Orpheum could have stood 400 years. (Photo by Frank Shaw)

Leave a Reply