The Stone Way Bridge taken from the Fremont Bridge or near it. The Stone Way Bridge connected Westlake with Stone Way as a detour for trollies – mostly – before and during the construction years of the Fremont Bascule Bridge. It was built in 1911 and razed in 1917. Beyond it and to the left is the barrel factory that survives as a marina, although reclad. The Gasworks are also evident and a horizon line made from Capitol Hill’s long northern slope.