0. xX–Aerial-First-Hill-1950-WEB

Dated “1950” on the back in pencil, this print shows bottom-left the mid-block service station in the block bounded by Marions Street, on the left; Columbia Street, left of center; Sixth Ave., running above the bottom border, and, of course, Seventh Avenue too. Directly up First Hill on the east side of 9th Avenue are the twin towers of St. James Cathedral. Bottom left, is the Central School Annex at the northwest corner of Marion and 7th. It was the last remnant of the school, and survived to be razed in the late 1950s for the Seattle Freeway that took out this entire block – and many more.

Leave a Reply