Looking back and north on Western – here on the left – from the roof of the steam plant south of Columbia Street ca. 1903. The Denny Hotel is evident on the Denny Hill horizon, on the right. The name was changed to Washington Hotel in 1903 for the visit of its first guest, Theo. Roosevelt that spring. The University Street trestle cuts through, right-left, near the center of the scene.