The rear of the Felker appears right-of-center, and the south side of the Arlington House to the right of it. The view was taken by Peterson & Bros from the King Street wharf and shows that not much else escapes the waterfront between it and Yesler Wharf. This view dates from ca. 1881 and can be compared with the broad multi-part panorama that Watkens made and printed her above. In Watkins view(s) work is well along in filling the waterfront with new piers for the Oregon Improvement Company between the King St and Yesler docks.