The gas company’s tanks were north of Jackson Street, between 4th and Fifth Avenue. This view looks across the block to the intersection of Main and 5th Ave, above. The subject is copied from the album of views that feature the gas plant in its last days (1907) and to replace it the building also of the new plant on the “Wallingford Peninsual” at the north end of Lake Union.

Leave a Reply