Looking (twice) northeast from the Lincoln roof during the first clearing stages of the school’s 1959 expansion with a new wing to the east. Lincoln’s enrollment for 1959-60 reached 2,800, making it Seattle’s largest High School. In 1969 the plant got a major remodel. Ten years later the school district announced its plans to “probably” close Lincoln because of the building’s age, its small campus, and declining enrollment. It would seem that at some point in the mid-1960s many of the parents of Wallingford stopped having children.