Northern Pacific Railroad photograph F. Haynes 1890 look east up Madison Street from a Railroad Ave. overpass that was connected to a coal bunker that was built following the 1889 fire at the water end of Madison. The view looks over the roof, on the left, of the Seattle Lake Shore and Eastern Railroad’s freight office. At the center the first post-fire structure build at the southeast corner of First and Madison is home to a hardware store. Across Madison Street on the left is the brick building that would later be home to Warshall’s Sporting Goods. Central School is on the horizon at 6th Ave., left-of-center.