The right side of this comparison of two looks down on the waterfront at the foot of Madison Street from the roof of the old Burke Building was recorded on the Spring day in 1903 when Theodore Roosevelt first visited Seattle. There the north shed to Pier 3/54 has been added. In the photograph to the left it has not. Both were taken by Army Corps officer during his early-century stationing to Ft. Lawton. assignment in Seattle.