THEN: While completing the Pontius Court Apartments at 502 Eastlake Ave. John Creutzer, its architect-developer, began his designs for the city’s Medical and Dental Building (1927). The apartments were promoted as conveniently close to nearly everything, often by foot, or rapidly by the dependable trolley service on Eastlake. The Court’s construction site is adorned, far right, with promotions for a few of the firms that helped build it. (Courtesy: Museum of History and Industry)

Leave a Reply