Queen Anne High acting something like the acropolis here high above work-in-progress on the Denny Regrade. The building at the center is the old Denny School (1884-1929). The water canons here in 1909-10 are eroding Denny Hill into ditches first for gathering to flums on trestles and carried away to splash into the bay. The left-west wing of Denny School would be cut away soon after this photograph was recorded. It was lost with the forming of a cliff along the east side of 5th Avenue, which cliff market the limit of the regrade between 1911 and 1928, when the work began again – this time with steam shovels – and the rest of the hill was humbled along with the rest of Denny School.