We hope you are planning to attend the launch for Paul and Jean’s new book, Seattle Now & Then: The Historic Hundred. It starts at 1 p.m. this Sunday, Oct. 28, 2018 (Paul’s 80th birthday!), at the Seattle Central Library auditorium, and it’s free. Enjoy an illustrated talk by Paul and Jean who will be signing copies of the book for purchasers. Get there early to snag a seat. The auditorium doors open at noon.
This week’s media coverage
We are so fortunate to have received great media coverage in advance of the launch, and you can see and hear it all by visiting our media page. It includes:
- A stellar 8-1/2-minute video segment by Nancy Guppy on her “Art Zone” program for The Seattle Channel, complete with pre-birthday cake and song.
- Video and audio of a 55-minute radio interview of Jean and Paul by former Seattle City Council members Jean Godden and Sue Donaldson on their program “The Bridge,” KMGP 101.1 FM.
- Raw video footage of a 3-1/2-minute interview on KOMO-TV by 4 p.m. anchor Mary Nam.
- Raw video footage of a five-minute interview on Q13-TV by morning anchor Bill Wixey.
- And a 10-page cover story in last Sunday’s Pacific NW magazine of The Seattle Times, featuring many photos and the book’s introduction.
And beyond …
- Eric Johnson of KOMO-TV plans to air an “Eric’s Heroes” segment on the book at 6 p.m. next Wednesday, Oct. 31. This will be posted our media page soon after it airs.
22 — count ’em, 22 — events!
If you can’t make this Sunday’s big launch, we have scheduled 22 additional book events in November and December throughout Seattle and King County. Check out our events page.
Blurbs by Seattle’s finest
Pre-order your copy online
Eager to place your order? It’s easy. Just visit our “How to order” page.
Thanks to everyone who has helped make this such a successful launch and tribute to the public historian who has popularized Seattle history via more than 1,800 columns over 37 years, Paul Dorpat!
— Clay Eals, editor, Seattle Now & Then: The Historic Hundred