We had a lovely evening at the Taproot Theatre and I received a number of requests for a list of the readings performed by our stellar cast. Here they are in order:
- ‘Christmas in Qatar’ by Calvin Trillin (read by Paul Dorpat)
- ‘You Better Not Cry’ (an excerpt) by Augusten Burroughs (Jean Sherrard)
- ‘Christmas Every Day’ by William Dean Howells (Kurt Beattie)
- ‘A Christmas Spectacle’ by Robert Benchley (Kurt)
- ‘The Three Wise Guys’ by Sandra Cisneros (Bill Ontiveros)
- ‘Christmas Cracker’ by Jeanette Winterson (Marianne Owen)
Our wonderful house band, Pineola, performed intro and interim music. I’ll update their set list when I can get it.
There’s only one more chance to catch this program: next Saturday at the Rainier Arts Center in Columbia City. But this show’s only available to Town Hall members. What a fine time to show your support and join Town Hall – then join us for the party on Saturday!
One thought on “Rogues’ Christmas list of stories”
The new “Bounty” coffee shop/tavern on the NW corner of Stone Way and 45th Is located in the building that took the place of a McDonald’s which took the place of the old “Bounty” Tavern.
It would be nice if you could find a picture of the old tavern and compare it with the new one.